What is LDAP Admin?
Ldap Admin is free Windows administration tool for LDAP directory management. This application lets you browse, search, modify, create and delete objects on LDAP server. It also supports more complex operations such as directory copy and move between remote servers and extends the common edit functions to support specific object types (such as groups and accounts).
You can use it to manage Posix groups and accounts, Samba accounts and it even includes support for Postfix MTA. Ldap Admin is free Open Source software distributed under the GNU General Public License.
- Browsing and editing of LDAP directories
- Recursive operations on directory trees (copy, move and delete)
- Modify operations on datasets
- Binary attribute support
- Schema browsing
- Renaming of LDAP Entries
- LDIF export and import
- Password management (supports crypt, md5, sha, sha-crypt, samba)
- Management of Posix Groups and Accounts
- Management of Samba Accounts
- Postfix MTA Support
- LDAP SSL support (using Windows API)
- Template support
Ldap Admin supports Sambav3. It also includes the support for multiple domains in one LDAP directory. This is achieved by providing the possibility to set the domain for each account in LDAP directory individually. Note that, as of version 0.9.8, the support for Samba v2 was abandoned.
You can use LDAP Admin as is, out of the box. To be able to use LDAP Admin to it’s full extent however, you will have to extend your LDAP directory schema.